Cardiologists in Aventura, Florida
The Aventura Center for Cardiac and Vascular Medicine is a premier facility for comprehensive cardiovascular care and has earned a national reputation for excellence.
Our experienced cardiologists use advanced technology to diagnose and treat cardiovascular disease.
To learn more about our extensive heart care services, call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (305) 682-6677.
Advanced care for chest pain
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is part of the largest cardiac network in South Florida. The robust and comprehensive network offers seven heart programs, which performed 219,144 cardiac procedures in 2017 alone.
We are committed to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria, including:
- Integrating our emergency care services with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring the competence and training of our personnel
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack
Primary Stroke Center
As a Primary Stroke Center designated by The Joint Commission and a Comprehensive Stroke Center designated by the State Agency for Health Care Administration, we are nationally recognized for providing the highest quality of care for patients diagnosed with stroke. Our stroke care program routinely meets and surpasses the principles for stroke care by:
- Exceeding the national average of 90 minutes for patients receiving treatment, beginning at their arrival at the ER
- Working with a neurointerventionist, neurosurgeon and neurologist to assist in identifying key symptoms, diagnosing patients and quickly assessing treatment options to improve patient outcomes
- Providing stroke specific care in our Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit, outfitted with specially trained nurses and staff
- Including an all encompassing follow-up plan of care.
Heart testing services
Using the area’s most advanced, noninvasive diagnostic tests, we perform a variety of medical exams to detect the presence of heart disease.
We offer a range of heart screening and imaging tests at our facility, including:
- Cardiac stress tests
- Electrophysiology studies
- Noninvasive vascular ultrasounds
Heart arrhythmia care
Heart arrhythmias, commonly known as irregular heartbeats, are caused by irregularities in the electrical impulses that dictate the heart's rhythm. Although many people do not experience symptoms related to a heart arrhythmia, some people may experience symptoms, such as fluttering in the chest, shortness of breath, dizziness and fainting.
Our Electrophysiology Lab is equipped with advanced technology that allows us to diagnose heart arrhythmias and provide treatments, including:
- Cardiac ablation
- Permanant and temporary pacemaker insertion
- Implantable cardiac defibrillators
Our Cardiac Catheterization Lab (cath lab) is equipped with the latest technology so that our cardiovascular specialists can perform diagnostic exams and minimally invasive heart procedures. Some of the procedures that may be performed in our cath lab include:
- Heart catheterization
- Pacemaker insertion
Heart and vascular surgical care
Our cardiac surgeons stay current on the latest heart and vascular surgery techniques, so we can offer the most advanced treatments available to our patients, including coronary artery bypass surgery and valve replacement and repair procedures.