How to apply
Welcome from our Program Director
Thank you for your interest in the Transitional Year Residency Training Program at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in Florida.
The Aventura Hospital and Medical Center's Transitional Year Residency program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals.
- Transitional Year residents demonstrate a commitment to professionalism and adherence to ethical principles.
- Transitional Year residents provide patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the promotion of health, prevention of illness, and treatment of disease.
- Transitional Year residents demonstrate knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological and social-behavioral sciences, as well as the application of this knowledge to patient care.
- Transitional Year residents have the ability to use methods and scientific evidence to investigate, evaluate, and continuously improve patient care based on constant self-evaluation and lifelong learning.
- Transitional Year residents demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills in effective information exchanges and collaborations with patients, families, and health professionals.
- Transitional Year residents demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the effective ability to call on other resources to provide optimal health care.
Our residents are encouraged to pursue research and scholarly endeavors. All of our residents actively participate in the submission of articles/ case reports and offer presentations at mid-day conferences. Our Program Director and teaching faculty are also involved in all of the research activities and provide feedback to the residents. The Program Director meets with the Transitional Year residents semi-annually to review performance, conference attendance, performed procedures, as well as personal and professional issues, and provides advice and direction for future development.
The Transitional Year program at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center expects residents to submit as a minimum one case report and one quality improvement project by the end of their one-year training. The program supplies its residents with the resources to be successful in this area by providing a GME Research Department that consists of a Research Director, Coordinator, and Fellows. The goal of our GME Research Department is to advance the quality of care and patient-related outcomes by providing residents and faculty with the resources, knowledge and infrastructure to plan and conduct innovative research.
Get to Know the Team
Sanaz Kashan, MD, FACP, Program Director
Curriculum and Rotation Schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Salary & Benefits Information
Each resident will receive financial support and benefits to begin on the effective date of the contract agreement. These benefits include:
- Annual salary
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, CorePlus voluntary benefits, HCA 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Medical Training License
- ComBank/UWorld for Step 3 exam preparation
- Conference attendance as per program policy
- 20 days paid time off (PTO) per academic year
- Paid BLS/ACLS/PALS/ATLS as required by the program
- Two (2) lab coats per academic year
- HCA issued device (cell phone/laptop)
- Access to free meals in the hospital cafeteria
- Free parking
- Library on site
- Gym on site
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- The EAP is recognized for employees and their families that experience personal problems that can affect their job performance. This service is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through Beacon Health Options. Some of the great benefits from Beacon are counseling services, legal services, financial services, and substance abuse services.
Each resident should refer to his or her Graduate Medical Education Training Agreement for further details regarding financial support and benefits. Any questions should be directed to the Program Coordinator and/or Aventura Hospital and Medical Center Human Resources department.