For any additional questions, please contact Mirna Munoz at (305) 692-3320
How to apply
ACGME ID#: 1461114212
NRMP #: 1752146F0
Welcome from our Program Director
Welcome to the Aventura Hospital and Medical Center two-year clinical fellowship program accredited by the ACGME in April 2018.
The Aventura Hospital and Medical Center's Infectious Disease Residency program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals.
Our Aventura Hospital and Medical Center Infectious Disease Fellowship began in July 2018.
With the objective of developing experts in the field, the program offers clinical microbiology as well as outpatient rotations, educational experiences, and scholarly/research opportunities.
Fellows will have opportunities throughout the year to teach medical students, interns, residents and interdisciplinary team members. This training program prepares physicians to competently work in the field of infectious diseases.
We welcome applicants from a variety of medical backgrounds who have successfully completed or are on track to complete their residency in good academic standing.
Individuals who wish to apply for a fellowship should submit an application through ERAS.
Get to Know the Team
Daniel Kaswan, MD Program Director
Curriculum & Rotation Schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Salary & Benefits Information
Each fellow will receive financial support and benefits to begin on the effective date of the contract agreement. These benefits include:
- Annual salary
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, CorePlus voluntary benefits, HCA 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Professional liability insurance
- Educational stipend as per GME policy
- Medical Training License
- In-Service Examination in applicable specialty
- Conference attendance as per program policy
- 20 days paid time off (PTO) per academic year
- 5 days of educational leave per academic year
- Paid BLS/ACLS/PALS/ATLS as required by the program
- Two (2) lab coats each year
- HCA issued device (cell phone or tablet)
- Access to free meals in the hospital cafeteria
- Free parking
- Library on site
- Gym on site
- Digital library access from Nova Southeastern University
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- The EAP is recognized for employees and their families that experience personal problems that can affect their job performance. This service is accessible 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, through Beacon Health Options. Some of the great benefits from Beacon are counseling services, legal services, financial services, and substance abuse services.
Each fellow should refer to his or her Graduate Medical Education Training Agreement for further details regarding financial support and benefits. Any questions should be directed to the Program Coordinator and/or Aventura Hospital and Medical Center Human Resources department.