For more information, please contact Tenesha Diaz, our Program Coordinator.
How to apply
ERAS #: 5401112118
NRMP #: 1752540F0
Welcome from our Program Director
Thank you for your interest in the Aventura Hospital and medical Center (AHMC) Hospice and Palliative Medicine (HPM) Fellowship Training Program in Aventura, Florida.
"The Aventura Hospital and Medical Center's Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals."
The Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is an accredited and rigorous one-year program designed to train the next generation of physicians and physician leaders.
Our interdisciplinary approach to learning fosters excellent opportunities for professional growth, committed mentorship and clinical research. Alongside dedicated attending physicians and enthusiastic colleagues, fellows strive for excellence in their training and provide high-quality healthcare in patient-centered environments and community-oriented service
Get to Know the Team
Sanaz Kashan, MD, Program Director
Curriculum and Rotation Schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Sample Block Schedule:
- Inpatient Palliative Medicine Consult
- Hospice & Home Care
- Inpatient Hospice Unit
- Long Term Care
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Pain Clinic
Salary & Benefits Information
Each fellow will receive financial support and benefits to begin on the effective date of the contract agreement. These benefits include:
- Annual salary
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, CorePlus voluntary benefits, HCA 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Medical Training License
- Conference attendance as per program policy
- 20 days paid time off (PTO) per academic year
- Paid BLS/ACLS/PALS/ATLS as required by the program
- Two (2) lab coats per academic year
- HCA issued device (cell phone/laptop)
- Access to free meals in the hospital cafeteria
- Free parking
- Library on site
- Gym on site
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- The EAP is recognized for employees and their families that experience personal problems that can affect their job performance. This service is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through Beacon Health Options. Some of the great benefits from Beacon are counseling services, legal services, financial services, and substance abuse services.
Each fellow should refer to his or her Graduate Medical Education Training Agreement for further details regarding financial support and benefits. Any questions should be directed to the Program Coordinator and/or Aventura Hospital and Medical Center Human Resources department.