Ingredients and Preparation
- Toast hazelnuts in a small skillet over low heat. Stir and toss for a few minutes, until fragrant.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. When pasta is done, reserve ½ cup of water before draining.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add chard and sprinkle with salt. Increase heat to medium-high and stir until chard begins to wilt. Cover the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the reserved pasta water and butter to the chard, and cook until the butter is melted. Then add the drained pasta, mix well, and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Season with pepper to taste. Portion onto two plates, and top with parmesan and hazelnuts.