|The Small Intestine|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
Reasons for Test
- Abscesses, which are infected pockets
- Fistula, which is an abnormal passageway between 2 areas of the body that normally do not connect
- Obstruction in the intestine
What to Expect
Prior to Test
- Avoid eating or drinking anything for 4 hours before the test
- Remove any metal objects, such as jewelry, hearing aids, or dentures
Description of Test
How Long Will It Take?
Will It Hurt?
Call Your Doctor
- Swollen, itchy eyes
- Tightness of throat
- Difficulty breathing
American Cancer Society http://www.cancer.org
Radiological Society of North America http://www.radiologyinfo.org
Canadian Association of Radiologists http://www.car.ca
Canadian Radiation Protection Association http://www.crpa-acrp.ca
Baker ME, Einstein DM, et al. Computer Tomography Enterography and Magnetic Resonance Enterography: The Future of Small Bowel Imaging. Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2008 August; 21(3): 193–212.
CT enterography. American College of Radiology and Radiological Society of North America Radiology Info website. Available at: http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=CTenterography. Updated August 13, 2014. Accessed January 26, 2015.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods MD
- Review Date: 01/2015 -
- Update Date: 06/24/2013 -