What Is Naturopathy?
Vitamins, Minerals, and Supplements
Other Treatments Related to Naturopathic Medicine
- Food allergies
- The belief that low (rather than high) stomach acid is a cause of many illnesses
- An interest in the yeast Candida and other intestinal parasites
- An interest in certain animal-based hormones, such as thyroid supplements
- An attitude of caution toward many interventions recommended by conventional medicine (such as vaccinations)
How to Choose a Qualified Naturopathic Practitioner
|US States and Territories that Offer ND Licensure 1|
|District of Columbia||Vermont|
|Maine||US Virgin Islands|
- Bastyr University (Kenmore, Washington)
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (New Westminister, British Columbia)
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (Toronto, Ontario)
- National College of Natural Medicine (Portland, Oregon)
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine (Tempe, Arizona)
- University of Bridgeport—College of Naturopathic Medicine (Bridgeport, Connecticut)
1 Murray, M. Pizzorno, J. A Textbook of Natural Medicine . Seattle, WA: John Bastyr College Publications;1993.
2 Licensed states and licensing authorities. The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians website. Available at: http://www.naturopathic.org/viewbulletin.php?id=118 . Accessed May 16, 2008.
3 Naturopathic medical schools. The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians website. Available at: http://www.naturopathic.org/viewbulletin.php?id=118 . Accessed May 16, 2008.
- Reviewer: EBSCO CAM Review Board
- Review Date: 08/2013 -
- Update Date: 08/22/2013 -