- Tea or coffee (without cream)
- Juices without pulp such as apple, grape, cranberry, prune, lemonade
- Clear liquid supplements such as Boost Fruit Flavored Beverage or Enlive
- Clear broth or bouillon
- Gelatin, without bits of fruit
- Popsicles, without fruit or cream
- Italian ice
Foods to Avoid
- Orange juice
- Grapefruit juice
- Tomato juice
- Milk shakes
- Cream of Wheat
American Gastroenterological Association http://www.gastro.org
National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov
Dietitians of Canada http://www.dietitians.ca
Public Health Agency of Canada http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/chn-rcs/index-eng.php
Clear liquid diet. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website. Available at: http://nutritioncaremanual.org/vault/editor/Docs/Clear%20Liquid%20Diet.pdf . Accessed February 13, 2013.
Colonoscopy. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed/what . Updated January 15, 2013. Accessed February 13, 2013.
Jackson F. Clear liquid diet. Jackson Siegelbaum Gastroenterology website. Available at: https://gicare.com/diets/clear-liquid-diet/ . Accessed February 13, 2013.
- Reviewer: Dianne Scheinberg Rishikof MS, RD, LDN
- Review Date: 09/2013 -
- Update Date: 09/30/2013 -