Ingredients and Preparation
- Add chicken broth, mushrooom soup, jalapeno, and black beans to a large crockpot (alternatively, you can use a large pot on the stove over medium-low heat).
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté garlic, onion, and pepper for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cumin, and chili powder, and continue cooking 3-4 minutes, until chicken is lightly browned on all sides. Transfer vegetable and chicken mixture to crockpot (or pot).
- Cook in crockpot for 3-4 hours on high (or simmer in a pot over low heat for 1-2 hours).
- Bake tortilla strips on a nonstick cookie sheet at 350°F for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Serve soup in bowls over tortilla strips, topping each with ½ tablespoon sour cream, ½ tablespoon cheese, ½ tablespoon salsa, and a slice of lime.