Skimming the fat off the chicken stock and using a minimum of oil and no added salt means that this crunchy rice is lower in fat, saturated fat, and sodium.
Ingredients and Preparation
- Bring water and stock to a boil in medium-size saucepan.
- Add rice and stir. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Reserve.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet.
- Sauté onion and celery over moderate heat for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients including reserved cooked rice. Fluff with fork before serving.