The Behavioral Health Services at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center offer a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services that are tailored to the patient. Aventura Hospital and Medical Center provides adult acute inpatient psychiatric care, and is a Baker Act receiving facility that will treat a wide range of behavioral health diagnoses.
The Behavioral Health Programs at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center offer services geared to meet the needs of individuals who are attempting to cope with:
- Grief and Loss
- Panic and Anxiety
- Trauma Recovery
- Bipolar Disorder
- Relationship Issues
- Family Conflict
- Dual Diagnosis
- Inpatient Treatments for Acute Psychological Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Detox services associated with co-occurring disorders
All behavioral health programs at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center are staffed by a multidisciplinary team of psychiatric licensed professionals including psychiatrists, registered nurses, clinical social workers, dieticians, and other mental health professionals.
Our behavioral health services offer the ability to provide individualized care across three distinct programs in a 46-bed in-patient setting. Designed for each patient’s unique clinical needs, the programs include:
- Acute inpatient unit
- General psychiatric inpatient unit
- Sunrise Palms, a high-functioning inpatient unit
Aventura Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
The Aventura Partial Hospitalization Program provides a comprehensive clinical program in a group setting. It provides a safe, structured environment that enables the patient to return home at night and maintain important family relationships. This program is designed for patients who are not responding adequately to traditional outpatient treatment. Additionally, the PHP may benefit an individual making the transition from inpatient treatment to the outpatient setting.
Mon - Fri: 9:00am - 2:30pm
Aventura Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
This program is uniquely designed for patients that benefit from more intensive services, but do not require the same level of services as the PHP patients.
Three days a week: 9:00am - 1:30pm
Sunrise Palms at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
Sunrise Palms provides a beautiful and unique treatment setting for individuals experiencing mood, anxiety, or co-occurring disorders such as drug/alcohol addiction with mental health conditions. Our treatment focuses on addressing issues related to both the psychiatric symptoms as well as any alcohol and chemical dependency issues.
Personalized services are provided in a discreet, confidential setting within Aventura Hospital and Medical Center. Our Treatment Team consisting, of psychiatrists, nurses, mental health and addiction professionals meet with each individual to develop a personalized plan of care.
Mental Health Professionals who are looking for a private yet comfortable environment with an enhanced atmosphere for their patients will find Sunrise Palms meets the needs of even the most discerning individuals.
Clinical specialties addressed at Sunrise Palms include:
- Relationship Issues
- Thought and Anxiety Disorders
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Problems
- Family Problems
- Grief and Loss Issues
- Medication Stabilization Issues
- An inability to cope with stressors resulting in self-medication behaviors
- Dual Diagnosis
The program at Sunrise Palms incorporates the following components:
- Individual Counseling
- Mental Health Groups
- Chemical Dependency Groups
- Recovery and Sobriety Groups
- Family Therapy
- Psychiatric Assessments
- Nursing Care and Interventions
- 12 Step Education
- 12 Step Meetings
- Medication Management
- Detox Services
- Daily Consultations with Psychiatrist
- Psychological Testing as needed
- Discharge Planning
- Information, Referrals, and Coordination with After-Care Programs
The Sunrise Palms at Aventura staff includes:
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors
- Mental Health Professionals
- Addiction Professionals
Sunrise Palms for Seniors
A Dedicated Senior Behavioral Health Program
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is home to the areas’ newest inpatient senior behavioral health program, Sunrise Palms for Seniors. This new program consists of 12 dedicated, primarily private rooms for adults 65 years and older, who have behavioral health symptoms that are interfering with their daily lives. We offer a multidisciplinary approach where compassionate care is delivered in a private and spacious environment.
Our 12 bed unit is located in its own discreet wing to assure privacy, confidentiality and comfort. We emphasize the importance of instilling hope with:
- Group and Individual Psychotherapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Aroma Therapy
- Medication Assessment
- Psycho-Educational Group, such as Medication Education
- Loss Management and Relapse
- Family Support/Education Group
Sunrise Palms for Seniors is a unique inpatient setting, designed for the needs and interests of the older adults, in a comforting and healing environment. Some of the special features are:
- The Unit is equipped with Behavioral Health beds designed for fall risk with scales, and bed alarms.
- The bathroom floors are designed to reduce slips and falls with the textured flooring.
- Our team of Geriatric Specialists developed group activities tailored to the senior population.
- Extended hours to accommodate family time.
Sunrise Palms for Seniors Behavioral Health Unit provides treatment to help you or your loved one achieve relief from the suffering associated with acute psychiatric and behavioral symptoms that include:
- Acute and chronic depressive illness
- Suicide risks
- Severe anxiety, stress-related problems
- Aggressive or assaultive behaviors
- Social withdrawal
- Sudden and unexplained changes in behavior
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia with a concurrent psychiatric problem
For additional information, please contact the Behavioral Health Services intake department at (305) 682-5245.
The unit will accept most forms of insurance including Medicaid and Medicare.
For more information on mental disorders and their treatments, please visit our Health Library.