Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is Proud to Announce Construction is Underway for Our New 10th Floor Expansion!
Our latest expansion, a $10 million dollar capital expenditure, will provide 42 new, private beds on our North Tower. This new unit will significantly enhance the facility’s orthopedic, spinal and general/medical surgery service line. Completion of the project is scheduled for early 2012.
In addition to the award-winning inpatient and outpatient care Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is known for, the 10th Floor will provide additional patient-centered services. The 30,000 square-foot customized, post-operative patient care unit will be equipped with special features designed to enhance a surgical patient’s experience and recovery process:
- Large, Open Floor Plan – With its warm colors and mixture of surfaces, the 10th floor continues the soothing ambience of the North Tower, with the entrance and centralized desk providing patients and families with a welcoming first impression.
- 42 Private Rooms – The 10th floor offers the finest in comfort, from its TV’s and patient-centered entertainment services to its in-room daybeds for family use.
- State-of-the-Art Rehabilitation Gym – In addition to promoting post-operative mobility and a fast recovery, the on-unit rehabilitation gym is designed to provide wellness, healing and socialization among patients and family members.
- Patient Dining Area – A unique feature to the 10th floor, the dining area provides patients with a post-operative experience that supports and encourages patient-to-patient and patient-to-family interaction during recovery.
- Common Areas Featuring Wi-Fi – As with all floors in the North Tower, the 10th floor offers internet access and wireless capabilities to its patients and family members.
As the project nears its completion date, Aventura Hospital and Medical Center has been taking photos of the progress. We encourage you to check back periodically as we reach our completion date.
Here's what the 10th Floor Expansion Project has been up to:
- Demolition of existing walls and clearing the space for construction to begin
- Review of plans and procedures for the coming weeks
- Protective film placed over exisitng elevators
- Delivery and preliminary installation of air conditioning system
- Laying the framework for patient rooms in the North East and North West quadrants of the unit
- Completion of major portions of the air conditioning system
- Doorways and framework installed in North East and North West quadrants of the unit
- Framework for the South East and South West quadrants of the unit delivered
- Installation begun on framework for the South East and South West quadrants of the unit
- Medical equipment (oxygen and electrical for monitors) installed in North East and North West quadrants of the unit
- Paint color testing on sample drywall
- Drywall delivered and preliminary installation begun in North East and North West quadrants of the unit
- Laying of framework for the South East quadrant completed
- Individual heate/AC units delivered for each room
- Major air conditioning system in working order
- Drywall going up in North East and North West quadrants of the unit
- Plumbing installed and tested
- Finalized framing of all rooms, cafeteria, gym and offices
- Insulation delivered
- Insulation distributed to various rooms
- Window framed installed
- All major air conditioning completed
- Wall demolished for new elevator shaft
- Electrical breakers installed
- Framing of bathrooms in patient rooms completed
- Insulation installed in the North East and North West quadrants
- 2/3 of all rooms insulated
- Drywall installed in the North East and North West quadrants
- Drywall installed for gym and cafeteria
- Insulation prepared and ready for installation in South East and South West quadrants